The Highlights of the Program
- The Endocannabinoid System and Phytocannabinoids
- Medical Cannabis Products, Modes of Administration and Pharmacokinetics
- The Use of Cannabinoid-based Drugs in Special Patient Populations, and Cannabinoid-based Drug Metabolism and Potential Cannabinoid-based Drug Interactions
- Physiological and Cognitive Effects of Cannabis
- Country-Specific Legislative Information
- Easy-to-understand videos for Patients and Caregivers and all Patient and Caregiver Program content
The International Cannabis and Cannabinoids Institute (ICCI) recognizes the importance of providing doctors and other healthcare providers with up to date legislative information and scientific, evidence-based educational content. Medical cannabis education will help ensure that healthcare providers are making the best healthcare decisions related to the endocannabinoid system and medical cannabis, and that they are comfortable with addressing their patients´ questions.
To this end, the ICCI has partnered with the TheAnswerPage (TAP). TAP is a medical education resource that has been providing the highest quality accredited medical education to the healthcare community for over two decades. The recipient of education awards both in the US and internationally, TAP is a recognized leader in providing comprehensive education on the endocannabinoid system and medical cannabis, pain medicine and opioid prescribing practices.
“TheAnswerPage is the resource that I recommend for accredited education on the endocannabinoid system, medical cannabis, opioid prescribing and pain medicine.”
The ICCI provides registrants with access to several important resources:
In an effort to help healthcare providers navigate the evolving legal landscape,
the ICCI has compiled country-specific legislative information:
- Content is updated every 3 months
- Country-specific information is currently available for Germany, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy and Canada. Legislative information for additional countries will be added soon.
- Information is provided in English and applicable native languages
- Country-specific legislative information addresses:
- Country-specific laws governing medical cannabis.
- Who can authorize the use of cannabis for medical purposes.
- Which diagnoses are eligible for recommending medical cannabis.
- How an authorized healthcare practitioner can prescribe or recommend medical cannabis.
- In an effort to provide doctors and other healthcare providers with scientificcally-based, evidence-based, peer-reviewed education on the endocannabinoid system and medical cannabis, the ICCI is facilitating the provision of discounted access to the “International Comprehensive Medical Marijuana Course” offered by TheAnswerPage.
THE PROGRAM PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING:
The International Comprehensive Medical Marijuana Course introduces medical professionals to the endocannabinoid system and its interaction with the components of the cannabis plant, and addresses methods of administration, therapeutic use, drug metabolism, physiologic and cognitive effects, potential risks, and drug interactions.
The use of medical cannabis in obstetric patients, pediatric patients, adolescent patients and elderly patients is addressed in detail. In addition, the health effects of cannabis and cannabinoids in epilepsy are reviewed. Important considerations for patients with ischemic heart disease, hepatic disease, psychotic illness, and those with a history of drug dependence are provided as well.
The content and its presentation are designed to be of educational value and interest for those new to medical cannabis, as well as for those with years of experience in this area of clinical practice.
This International Comprehensive Medical Marijuana Course includes the following courses:
- The Comprehensive Medical Marijuana Curriculum
- The Health Effects of Marijuana and Cannabinoids in Epilepsy
1. The Comprehensive Medical Marijuana Curriculum introduces the reader to the endocannabinoid system and its interaction with the components of the cannabis plant, and addresses methods of administration, therapeutic use, drug metabolism, physiologic and cognitive effects, potential risks, and drug interactions. The use of marijuana in obstetric patients, pediatric patients, adolescent patients and elderly patients is addressed in detail. Important considerations for patients with ischemic heart disease, hepatic disease, psychotic illness, and those with a history of drug dependence are provided.
2. Health Effects of Marijuana and Cannabinoids in Epilepsy describes how the endocannabinoid system may affect seizure threshold, and reviews the available research and clinical evidence for the use of marijuana or cannabinoids in the treatment of epilepsy. In addition, there is a discussion about an FDA-approved cannabis-based medicine for the treatment of Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, that are two rare and severe forms of epilepsy.
The program for Medical Professionals includes:
- Full access to the ICCI´s current country-specific legislative information
- Full access to TheAnswerPage´s “International Comprehensive Medical Marijuana Course” for 12 months
- The opportunity to earn CME/CE credit with accreditation for doctors
- The opportunity to opt-in to be included in an online medical professionals referral database of recommending doctors and healthcare providers who have completed the course and wish to recommend medical cannabis, being launched in January 2020
Registration form for Legislative Information
If you are a hospital, university or other kind of organization considering purchasing subscriptions for more than five medical professionals, please contact us at email@example.com for a special price package.