The International Cannabis and Cannabinoids Institute (ICCI) recognizes and supports the importance of providing doctors and other healthcare providers with the most current legislative and scientifically-based peer-reviewed educational content so that they are best positioned to address their patients´ questions and healthcare decisions related to the endocannabinoid system and medical cannabis. To accomplish these goals, the ICCI is collaborating with TheAnswerPage.
TheAnswerPage (TAP) is a medical education resource that has been providing the highest quality accredited education to the healthcare community for over two decades. Awarded in the US and internationally, TheAnswerPage is now a recognized leader for providing comprehensive education on the endocannabinoid system and medical cannabis, pain medicine and opioid prescribing practices.
TheAnswerPage is the resource that I recommend for accredited education on the endocannabinoid system, medical cannabis, opioid prescribing and pain medicine.
The ICCI is providing those who register with access to several significant resources:
In an effort to help healthcare providers navigate the evolving legal landscape,
the ICCI has compiled Country-Specific Legislative Information:
- Content is updated every 3 months
- Country-specific information initially available for Canada, Germany, Czech Republic, Netherlands, United Kingdom and Ireland
- Versions provided in English and selected native languages
- Country specific legislative information addresses:
- The country-specific laws governing medical cannabis.
- Who can authorize the use of cannabis for medical purposes.
- Which diagnoses are eligible for recommending medical cannabis.
- How may an authorized healthcare practitioner recommend medical cannabis.
- In an effort to provide doctors and other healthcare providers with scientifically-based, peer-reviewed education on the endocannabinoid system and medical cannabis, the ICCI is facilitating the provision of discounted access to TheAnswerPage´s “Comprehensive Medical Marijuana Course”.
THE PROGRAM PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING
The Comprehensive Medical Marijuana Course introduces the Medical Professional to the endocannabinoid system and its interaction with the components of the cannabis plant, and addresses administration, therapeutic use, drug metabolism, physiologic and cognitive effects, potential risks, and drug interactions.
The use of marijuana in obstetric patients, pediatric patients, adolescent patients and elderly patients is addressed in detail. In addition, the health effects of marijuana and cannabinoids in epilepsy are reviewed. Important considerations for patients with ischemic heart disease, hepatic disease, psychotic illness, and those with a history of drug dependence are provided, as well.
The content and its presentation are designed to be of educational value and interest for those new to medical cannabis, as well as for those with years of experience in this area of clinical practice.
The program for Medical Professionals includes:
- Full access to the ICCI´s current country-specific legislative information
- Full access to TheAnswerPage´s Comprehensive Medical Marijuana Course for 12 months
- Opportunity to earn CME/CE credit with accreditation for doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, physician assistants, and psychologists
- Starting in May 2019, healthcare providers who have completed the course and wish to recommend medical cannabis, may opt-in to be included in a referral list of recommending doctors
Registration form for Legislative Informations
If you are a hospital, university or other kind of organization considering purchasing subscriptions for more than five medical professionals, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a special price package.